Aronia berry, also known as chokeberry, is a dark purple fruit that grows on shrubs native to North America. It has been studied for its potential health benefits, including its effects on cardiovascular health.
Research suggests that aronia berries may help improve cardiovascular health by reducing inflammation, decreasing blood pressure, and improving blood lipid profiles. The high antioxidant content of aronia berries may also play a role in protecting against cardiovascular disease.(1)
Another study published in the journal Nutrients in 2017 found that aronia berry supplementation for eight weeks improved endothelial function in individuals with mild to moderate hypertension. Endothelial function is an important measure of cardiovascular health as it relates to the ability of blood vessels to dilate and contract.(2)
VASCULAR VX (Aronia Berry)
1. La Sayec, M, et al. The effects of Aronia berry (poly)phenol supplementation on arterial function and the gut microbiome in middle aged men and women: Results from a randomized controlled trial. Clin Nutr. 2022 Nov
2. Loo, Brit-Marie. Consumption of chokeberry (Aronia mitschurinii) products modestly lowered blood pressure and reduced low-grade inflammation in patients with mildly elevated blood pressure. Nutr Res. 2016 Nov.
NEUROTREX® is a memory support formula, which uses scientifically researched botanicals which support brain health and neuron functioning.
Vascular health is associated with healthy endothelium, the lining which compose the arteries and maintains blood flow. When healthy blood flow is maintained, tissues and organs of the body receive oxygenated blood with anti-aging nutrients.
Important factors of healthy blood flow:
(1) Iwoshima T, et al. Aronia berry extract inhibits TNF-α-induced vascular endothelial inflammation through the regulation of STAT3. Food Nutr Res, 2019.
(2) Istas G, et al. Effects of aronia berry (poly)phenols on vascular function and gut microbiota: a double-blind randomized controlled trial in adult men. Am J Clin Nutr. 2019
(3) Clayton Z, et al. Apigenin restores endothelial function by ameliorating oxidative stress, reverses aortic stiffening, and mitigates vascular inflammation with aging. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2021
(4) Rzavi B, et al. Saffron Induced Relaxation in Isolated Rat Aorta via Endothelium Dependent and Independent Mechanisms. Iran J Pharm Res. Summer 2018.
(5) Song L, et al. Crocetin Inhibits Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Inflammatory Response in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016
(6) Li H, et al. Flavonoids from artichoke (Cynara scolymus L.) up-regulate endothelial-type nitric-oxide synthase gene expression in human endothelial cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2004.
(7) Amendo-Pena A, et al. Production of Vegetables and Artichokes Is Associated with Lower Cardiovascular Mortality: An Ecological Study. Int J environ Res Public Health. 2020
Cardiovascular disease is a significant causative factor in mortality. Saffron has important anti-aging benefits including improvement of cardiovascular health. The bioactive constituents of saffron (Crocin and Crocetin) play major roles in cardiovascular fitness.
Significantly, saffron may therapeutically provide cardiovascular benefits in the following manner: (1)
(1) Roshanravan N, et al. The therapeutic potential of Crocus sativus Linn.: A comprehensive narrative review of clinical trials. Phytother Res. 2022 Jan
Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) is characterized by retinal inflammation and oxidative stress. Chronic degeneration of the retina is related to the unbated toxic pathologies of these stressors. Lab research, using human retinal pigmented epithelium cells, indicates that the combination of Vitamin D and Meso Zeaxanthin, may provide value to early stage AMD.(1)
(1) Lazzara F, et al. Effects of Vitamin D 3 and Meso-Zeaxanthin on Human Retinal Pigmented Epithelial Cells in Three Integrated in vitro Paradigms of Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Front Phramacol. 2021 Nov.
Maintaining healthy arteries promotes blood circulation, tissue and organ oxygenation and longer life
VASCULAR VX™ is a next generation vascular support formula, helping to maintain arterial elasticity, and limiting potential for the pathological build-up in the arteries, which is responsible for atherosclerosis.
VASCULAR VX (ARONIA BERRY | SAFFRON | ARTICHOKE | APIGENIN)
(1) Zhao Y, et al. Aronia melanocarpa polysaccharide ameliorates inflammation and aging in mice by modulating the AMPK/SIRT1/NF-κB signaling pathway and gut microbiota. Sci Rep. 2021 Oct 18
(2) Daskalova E, et al. Black Chokeberry ( Aronia melanocarpa) Functional Beverages Increase HDL-Cholesterol Levels in Aging Rats. Foods. 2021 Jul
(3) Kasprzak-Drozd K, et al. The Efficacy of Black Chokeberry Fruits against Cardiovascular Diseases. Int J Mol Sci. 2021 Jun.
(4) Kadoglou N, et al. The cardiovascular-protective properties of saffron and its potential pharmaceutical applications: A critical appraisal of the literature. Phytother Res. 2021 Aug 26.
(5) Xing B, et al. Phytochemistry, pharmacology, and potential clinical applications of saffron: A review J Ethnopharmacol. 2021 Dec 5.
(6) Santos H, et al. The effect of artichoke on lipid profile: A review of possible mechanisms of action. Pharmacol Res. 2018 Nov
(7) Clayton Z, et al. Apigenin restores endothelial function by ameliorating oxidative stress, reverses aortic stiffening, and mitigates vascular inflammation with aging. AM J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2021 Jul
(8) Gao H, et al. Apigenin Improves Hypertension and Cardiac Hypertrophy Through Modulating NADPH Oxidase-Dependent ROS Generation and Cytokines in Hypothalamic Paraventricular Nucleus. Cardiovasc Toxicol, 2021 Sept.