Vascular health is associated with healthy endothelium, the lining which compose the arteries and maintains blood flow. When healthy blood flow is maintained, tissues and organs of the body receive oxygenated blood with anti-aging nutrients.
Important factors of healthy blood flow:
(1) Iwoshima T, et al. Aronia berry extract inhibits TNF-α-induced vascular endothelial inflammation through the regulation of STAT3. Food Nutr Res, 2019.
(2) Istas G, et al. Effects of aronia berry (poly)phenols on vascular function and gut microbiota: a double-blind randomized controlled trial in adult men. Am J Clin Nutr. 2019
(3) Clayton Z, et al. Apigenin restores endothelial function by ameliorating oxidative stress, reverses aortic stiffening, and mitigates vascular inflammation with aging. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2021
(4) Rzavi B, et al. Saffron Induced Relaxation in Isolated Rat Aorta via Endothelium Dependent and Independent Mechanisms. Iran J Pharm Res. Summer 2018.
(5) Song L, et al. Crocetin Inhibits Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Inflammatory Response in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016
(6) Li H, et al. Flavonoids from artichoke (Cynara scolymus L.) up-regulate endothelial-type nitric-oxide synthase gene expression in human endothelial cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2004.
(7) Amendo-Pena A, et al. Production of Vegetables and Artichokes Is Associated with Lower Cardiovascular Mortality: An Ecological Study. Int J environ Res Public Health. 2020
Cardiovascular disease is a significant causative factor in mortality. Saffron has important anti-aging benefits including improvement of cardiovascular health. The bioactive constituents of saffron (Crocin and Crocetin) play major roles in cardiovascular fitness.
Significantly, saffron may therapeutically provide cardiovascular benefits in the following manner: (1)
(1) Roshanravan N, et al. The therapeutic potential of Crocus sativus Linn.: A comprehensive narrative review of clinical trials. Phytother Res. 2022 Jan
Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) is characterized by retinal inflammation and oxidative stress. Chronic degeneration of the retina is related to the unbated toxic pathologies of these stressors. Lab research, using human retinal pigmented epithelium cells, indicates that the combination of Vitamin D and Meso Zeaxanthin, may provide value to early stage AMD.(1)
(1) Lazzara F, et al. Effects of Vitamin D 3 and Meso-Zeaxanthin on Human Retinal Pigmented Epithelial Cells in Three Integrated in vitro Paradigms of Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Front Phramacol. 2021 Nov.
Maintaining healthy arteries promotes blood circulation, tissue and organ oxygenation and longer life
VASCULAR VX™ is a next generation vascular support formula, helping to maintain arterial elasticity, and limiting potential for the pathological build-up in the arteries, which is responsible for atherosclerosis.
VASCULAR VX (ARONIA BERRY | SAFFRON | ARTICHOKE | APIGENIN)
(1) Zhao Y, et al. Aronia melanocarpa polysaccharide ameliorates inflammation and aging in mice by modulating the AMPK/SIRT1/NF-κB signaling pathway and gut microbiota. Sci Rep. 2021 Oct 18
(2) Daskalova E, et al. Black Chokeberry ( Aronia melanocarpa) Functional Beverages Increase HDL-Cholesterol Levels in Aging Rats. Foods. 2021 Jul
(3) Kasprzak-Drozd K, et al. The Efficacy of Black Chokeberry Fruits against Cardiovascular Diseases. Int J Mol Sci. 2021 Jun.
(4) Kadoglou N, et al. The cardiovascular-protective properties of saffron and its potential pharmaceutical applications: A critical appraisal of the literature. Phytother Res. 2021 Aug 26.
(5) Xing B, et al. Phytochemistry, pharmacology, and potential clinical applications of saffron: A review J Ethnopharmacol. 2021 Dec 5.
(6) Santos H, et al. The effect of artichoke on lipid profile: A review of possible mechanisms of action. Pharmacol Res. 2018 Nov
(7) Clayton Z, et al. Apigenin restores endothelial function by ameliorating oxidative stress, reverses aortic stiffening, and mitigates vascular inflammation with aging. AM J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2021 Jul
(8) Gao H, et al. Apigenin Improves Hypertension and Cardiac Hypertrophy Through Modulating NADPH Oxidase-Dependent ROS Generation and Cytokines in Hypothalamic Paraventricular Nucleus. Cardiovasc Toxicol, 2021 Sept.
Yellow Longevity® is a high quality supplement which contains the most important natural yellows found in nature for health and anti-aging.
YELLOW LONGEVITY (Curcugen® | Berberine | Saffron | Apigenin)
(1) Dolcas-Biotech Research. 2021
(2) Sanjib K, et al. The enhanced bioavailability of free curcumin and bioactive-metabolite tetrahydrocurcumin from a dispersible, oleoresin-based turmeric formulation. Medicine (Baltimore). 2021 Jul.
(3) Zhang B, et al. Novel PGC-1 α/ATF5 Axis Partly Activates UPR mt and Mediates Cardioprotective Role of Tetrahydrocurcumin in Pathological Cardiac Hypertrophy. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2020 Dec
(4) Shen L, et al. Curcumin and Aging.Biofactors. Jan-Feb 2013
(5) Samadi P, et al. Berberine: A novel therapeutic strategy for cancer. IUBMB Life. 2020 Oct.
(6) Ashrafizadeh M, et al. Berberine Administration in Treatment of Colitis: A Review. Curr Drug Targets. 2020.
(7) Li, S. et el. Protective Mechanism of Berberine on Human Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells against Apoptosis Induced by Hydrogen Peroxide via the Stimulation of Autophagy. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2021 Aug.
(8) Zheng Y, et al Berberine-induced TFEB deacetylation by SIRT1 promotes autophagy in peritoneal macrophages. Aging (Albany NY) 2021 Feb
(9) Roshanravan N, et al. The therapeutic potential of Crocus sativus Linn.: A comprehensive narrative review of clinical trials. Phytother Res. 2021 Sep
(10) Lin C, et al. IGF-II-induced hypertrophy in H9c2 cardiomyocytes is ameliorated by saffron by regulation of calcineurin/NFAT abd CaMKII signaling. Environ Toxicol. 2021 Sep.
(11) Kashyap P, et al. Functionality of apigenin as a potent antioxidant with emphasis on bioavailability, metabolism, action mechanism and in vitro and in vivo studies: A review. J Food Biochem. 2021 Sep
(12) Clayton Z, et al. Apigenin restores endothelial function by ameliorating oxidative stress, reverses aortic stiffening, and mitigates vascular inflammation with aging. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2021 Jul.
For years, it has been known that resveratrol is one of the most effective anti-aging compounds studied. Beneficial effects on lifespan have been demonstrated across many research organisms, including worms and flies. In 2003, resveratrol was identified as a molecule which could activate SIRT1, mimicking the life extending benefits shown by calorie restriction. Furthermore, resveratrol also activates the anti-aging Nrf2 pathway, and AMPK which enhances NAD+ availability. (1) Cellular NAD+ levels are linked to longevity.
In a new study, the silkworm was used to further illustrate the life extending effects of resveratrol via significant improvement of antioxidant activity.. Oxidation is a key factor is anti-aging and shortening of the lifespan.(2)
Resveratrol was shown to activate antioxidant function in the silkworm via increased activity of the GST enzyme, key in the antioxidant enzyme system.
RESVERATROL ACTIVATES the GST Antioxidant System via
This research further validates the beneficial life extending benefits of resveratrol.
(1) Li Z, et al. Aging and age‐related diseases: from mechanisms to therapeutic strategies. Biogerontology. 2021 Jan
(2) Song J, et al. Resveratrol elongates the lifespan and improves antioxidant activity in the silkworm Bombyx mori. J Pharm Anal. 2021 Jun