Vascular health is associated with healthy endothelium, the lining which compose the arteries and maintains blood flow. When healthy blood flow is maintained, tissues and organs of the body receive oxygenated blood with anti-aging nutrients.
Important factors of healthy blood flow:
(1) Iwoshima T, et al. Aronia berry extract inhibits TNF-α-induced vascular endothelial inflammation through the regulation of STAT3. Food Nutr Res, 2019.
(2) Istas G, et al. Effects of aronia berry (poly)phenols on vascular function and gut microbiota: a double-blind randomized controlled trial in adult men. Am J Clin Nutr. 2019
(3) Clayton Z, et al. Apigenin restores endothelial function by ameliorating oxidative stress, reverses aortic stiffening, and mitigates vascular inflammation with aging. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2021
(4) Rzavi B, et al. Saffron Induced Relaxation in Isolated Rat Aorta via Endothelium Dependent and Independent Mechanisms. Iran J Pharm Res. Summer 2018.
(5) Song L, et al. Crocetin Inhibits Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Inflammatory Response in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016
(6) Li H, et al. Flavonoids from artichoke (Cynara scolymus L.) up-regulate endothelial-type nitric-oxide synthase gene expression in human endothelial cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2004.
(7) Amendo-Pena A, et al. Production of Vegetables and Artichokes Is Associated with Lower Cardiovascular Mortality: An Ecological Study. Int J environ Res Public Health. 2020