Curcumin PXC®- The Proteostasis Curcumin®
• Curcumin and other ingredients which support proteostasis
- Proteostasis is considered the most significant factor in longevity
- Proteostasis is the ability of the body to maintain precise processing of protein. Includes autophagy - the ability to eliminate defective cellular structures and renew the cell, maintain proper folding of proteins, and maintaining precise RNA encoding
- Autophagy is one of the most powerful tools in maintaining proteostasis
- Senolytics - Compounds which remove senescent cells from the body. Senescent cells are non-functional "zombie" cells, and give off toxic substances to adjacent cells.
- Curcumin and Fisetin are senolytic compounds with fisetin being the most powerful senolytic. (1,2)
- In lab animals, the removal of senolytic cells greatly improved the quality of life of the animals.
- Fisetin administered to lab animals late in life extended by mean and maximum life span of the animals.
(1) Bielak-Zmijewska A, et al. The Role of Curcumin in the Modulation of Ageing. Int J Mol Sci, 2019 Mar
(2) Yousefzadeh MJ, et al. Fisetin is a senotherapeutic that extends health and lifespan. EBioMedicine 2018 Oct
(3) Klang IM, et al Iron promotes protein insolubility and aging in C. elegans. Aging (Albany NY) 2014.
(4) Hu S, et al. Clinical development of curcumin in neurodegenerative disease. Expert Neurother. 2015 Jun