(1) Noordam R, et al. High serum glucose levels are associated with a higher perceived age. Age (Dordr). 2011 Nov 20.
(2) D'Angelo S, et al. Hydroxytyrosol, a natural antioxidant from olive oil, prevents protein damage induced by long-wave ultraviolet radiation in melanoma cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2005 Apr 1;38(7):908-19.
(3) Guo W, et al. The protective effects of hydroxytyrosol against UVB-induced DNA damage in HaCaT cells. Phytother Res. 2010 Mar;24(3):352-9.
(4) Pastore S, et al. Plant polyphenols effectively protect HaCaT cells from ultraviolet C-triggered necrosis and suppress inflammatory chemokine expression. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009 Aug;1171:305-13.
(5) Danby FW. Nutrition and aging skin: sugar and glycation. Clin Dermatol. 2010 Jul-Aug;28(4):409-11.
(6) Manickam M, et al. Antihyperglycemic activity of phenolics from Pterocarpus marsupium. J Nat Prod. 1997 Jun;60(6):609-10.
(7) Hsu CL, et al. Inhibitory effects of garcinol and pterostilbene on cell proliferation and adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells. Food Funct. 2011 Nov 18.
(8) Thirunavukkarasu V, et al. Lipoic acid improves glucose utilisation and prevents protein glycation and AGE formation. Pharmazie. 2005 Oct;60(10):772-5.
(9) Thirunavukkarasu V, et al. Fructose diet-induced skin collagen abnormalities are prevented by lipoic acid. Exp Diabesity Res. 2004 Oct-Dec;5(4):237-44.
(10) Mukherjee S, et al. Expression of the longevity proteins by both red and white wines and their cardioprotective components, resveratrol, tyrosol, and hydroxytyrosol. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009 Mar 1;46(5):573-8.
(11) Sarsour EH, et al. MnSOD activity regulates hydroxytyrosol-induced extension of chronological lifespan. Age (Dordr). 2011 Mar 8.
(12) Park HY, et al. A long-standing hyperglycaemic condition impairs skin barrier by accelerating skin ageing process. Exp Dermatol. 2011 Dec;20(12):969-74.
(13) Janszky I, et al. Metabolic syndrome in Poland - the PONS Study. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2011 Dec;18(2):270-2.
(14) Akase T, et al. Aging-like skin changes induced by ultraviolet irradiation in an animal model of metabolic syndrome. Biol Res Nurs. 2012 Apr;14(2):180-7. doi: 10.1177/1099800411401013.
(15) Sapwarobol S, et al. Postprandial blood glucose response to grape seed extract in healthy participants: A pilot study. Pharmacogn Mag. 2012 Jul;8(31):192-6.