QTY 1: $25.95 each
QTY 3: $24.95 each
Supports health of the heart muscle. An important component is Rejuna® Arjuna, the bark from an Indian medicinal plant (Terminalia arjuna). Rejuna™ is a special aqueous extract of Arjuna which has been shown to have the most effective cardiotonic benefits.(1-3) Also contains Red Spinach Extract, a rich source of nitrates, using an extraction process that maintains highest percentage of nitrates with undetectable levels of oxalate.
Arjuna supports fitness and exercise by improving cardiorespiratory endurance. Over an 8 week supplementation period, health young adults showed cardio vascular improvement during aerobic exercise. including an increase in max VO2 (maximum oxygen consumption). Max oxygen consumption improved 4.8% while max power output (assessed by sprinting analysis) increased 3.6% (4) Additional support for aerobic fitness and athletic performance is provided by spinach extract (nitrates).
Spinach extract (nitrates) also significantly improve mitochondria efficiency. Dietary nitrates have been shown to have a profound effect on basal mitochondria function. Research has demonstrated that dietary nitrates tend to lower the oxygen cost of exercise and enhance endurance performance.(6)
CARDIOTONIC BENEFITS of Arjuna:
VASCULAR FITNESS & SEX BENEFITS of Red Spinach Extract (Oxystorm™):
Oxystorm™ is a trademark of Arjuna Natural.
1. Oberoi, L, et al. The aqueous extract, not organic extracts, of Terminalia arjuna bark exerts cardiotonic effect on adult ventricular myocytes. Phytomedicine. 2011 Feb 15
2. Kapoor D, et al. Terminalia arjuna in coronary artery disease: ethnopharmacology, pre-clinical, clinical & safety evaluation. J Ethnopharnacol . 2014 Sep 11
3. Maulik SK, et al. Terminalia arjuna in cardiovascular diseases: making the transition from traditional to modern medicine in India. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2010 Dec.
4. Sandhu JS, et al. Effects of Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) and Terminal arjuna (Arjuna) on physical performance and cardiorespiratory endurance. Int J Ayurveda Res 2010 Jul.
5. Subramaniam S, et al. Anti-Atherogenic Activity of Ethanolic Fraction of Terminalia arjuna Bark on Hypercholesterolemic Rabbits. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2011
6. Larsen FJ, et al. Dietary inorganic nitrate improves mitochondrial efficiency in humans. Cell Metabolism, Volume 13, Issue 2, Pages 149 – 159, doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2011
7. Hezel MP. et al. Effects of long-term dietary nitrate supplementation in mice. Redox Biol. 2015 May
8. Sindlar AL, et al. Inorganic nitrate supplementation for healthy arterial aging. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2014 Mar
Sold Out - $ 33.95
LABEL INFORMATION QTY Pricing: QTY 1: $33.95 each QTY 3: $32.95 each QTY...