QTY 1: $33.95 each
QTY 3: $30.95 each
QTY 6: $29.95 each
Vision Vitality® MAX is specifically formulated to increase the levels of lutein and zeaxanthin which accumulates in the macula, increasing macular pigment opacity density (MPOD). Macular pigment is the yellow pigment in the retina, and is comprised of the carotenoids lutein, lutein esters, meso zeaxanthin and zeaxanthin. For the health of the retina, macular pigment is crucial in the filtering of damaging blue light and also functions as an antioxidant to further maintain retina health. Further research shows strong correlation between lutein / zeaxanthin and brain function.
Macular Pigment Opacity Density (MOPD): High MOPD levels play a significant role in both eye health and performance as well as in brain health.
Studies have correlated MPO with greater protection of the eye and improved vision performance. Furthermore, increased MCO in the retina is beleived to be a reflection of the amount which is deposited in the brain.
(1) Lima VC, et al. Macular pigment in retinal health and disease. Int J Retina Vitreous. Aug 2016.
(2) Bernstein P, et al. Lutein, Zeaxanthin, and meso-Zeaxanthin: The Basic and Clinical Science Underlying Carotenoid-based Nutritional Interventions against Ocular Disease. Prog Retin Eye Res. Jan 2016.
(3) Johnson EJ. Role of lutein and zeaxanthin in visual and cognitive function throughout the lifespan. Nutr Rev. 2014 Sep.
(4) Kelly D, et al. Cognitive Function and Its Relationship with Macular Pigment Optical Density and Serum Concentrations of its Constituent Carotenoids. Alzheimers Dis. 2015.
(5) Nolan JM, et al. Macular pigment, visual function, and macular disease among subjects with Alzheimer's disease: an exploratory study. J Alzheimers Dis. 2014.
(6) Stringham NT, et al. Supplementation with macular carotenoids reduces psychological stress, serum cortisol, and sub-optimal symptoms of physical and emotional health in young adults. Nutr Neurosci. 2017 Feb
(7) Silvan JM, et al. A protective effect of anthocyanins and xanthophylls on UVB-induced damage in retinal pigment epithelial cells. Food Funct. 2016 Feb
(8) Akuffo KO, et al. Sustained supplementation and monitored response with differing carotenoid formulations in early age-related macular degeneration. Eye (Lond.) 2015 Jul
Anti-Aging Longevity Gene Activators Resveratrol, Pterostilbene and wildcrafted berries. Discount Qty Pricing! LABEL INFORMATION QTY...