Endothelial cells form the structural basis of the lining of blood vessels (the endothelium). Damage to the endothelium affects the ability of the blood vessel to function and increases with age. Endothelial Progenitor Cells (EPCs) function to repair damage to the endothelial of blood vessels and are considered important in the prevention of cardiovascular disease. Furthermore, since healthy arteries are vital in supporting longevity, improving the function of EPCs plays an important role in extending lifespan.
Taurine and Magnesium. Administration of taurine and magnesium to lab animals resulted in significant increases in EPC colonies, enhancing endothelium repair and function. Aging is associated with decreased levels of EPCs, a significant factor in endothelium damage and impairment of vascular maintenance and homeostasis. Because EPCs have significant potential to repair the lining of blood vessels, researchers concluded that dietary intake of taurine and magnesium may extend lifespan by improving cardiovascular function and preventing the progression of cardiovascular disease.
LONGEVITY NATURALLY (Taurine and Magnesium)
VASCULAR STRENGTH (Taurine and Magnesium)
(1) Katakawa M, et al.Taurine and magnesium supplementation enhances the function of endothelial progenitor cells through antioxidation in healthy men and spontaneously hypertensive rats. Hypertens Res. 2016 Jul 14
How and to what extent microbes influence on health is a relatively new area of study. Amazingly, the influence of gut microbiota on general health and longevity is only now becoming understood. Recent attention is scientific areas concern the importance of intestinal microbes and how they affect not only health of the the gut but also overall health of the body.(1) An area of keen interest is the production of Short Chain Fatty Acids (SCFAs) by microbial fermentation in the gut and how it can significantly improve health.(2)
Short Chain Fatty Acids (SCFAs - acetic acid, propionic acid and butyric acid) are produced as a fermentation byproduct of soluble fiber (e.g nuts, seeds, certain vegetables) by microbes in the large intestine.
Among the beneficial effects of SCFA's include:
THE ROLE OF TAURINE IN SHORT CHAIN FATTY ACID PRODUCTION.
Furthermore, research indicates that taurine supplementation may significantly improve the intestinal microbiotic environment by increasing the production of SCFAs and decreasing inflammatory concentrations of serum lipopolysaccharides (LPS). LPS induced inflammation is a common issue facilitated by the processed western diet.(5)
LONGEVITY NATURALLY (High Taurine Complex)
(1) Andoh A. Physiological Role of Gut Microbiota for Maintaining Human Health. Digestion. 2016 Feb 9
(2) KeenanMJ, et al. Improving healthspan via changes in gut microbiota and fermentation. Age (Dordr). 2015 Oct.
(3) Hartl FU. Cellular Homeostasis and Aging. Annu Rev Biochem. 2016 Apr 6.
(4) Puddu A, et al. Evidence for the gut microbiota short-chain fatty acids as key pathophysiological molecules improving diabetes. Mediators Inflamm. 2014
(5) Yu H, et al. Effects of taurine on gut microbiota and metabolism in mice. Amino Acids. 2016 Mar 30.