Boosting longevity is a function of many different attributes. Key among these are activating longevity genes (SIRT1 and FOXO) and decreasing levels of oxidative stress.
ACTIVATING LONGEVITY GENES -
BILBERRY ANTHOCYANINS (Blue Color)
GRAPE SEED EXTRACT (GSE) (5-8)
N-ACETYLCYSTEINE (GLUTATHIONE BOOSTER) (9-11)
(1) Li Y, et al. Effect of resveratrol and pterostilbene on aging and longevity. Biofactors. 2018 Jan.
(2) Scerbak C, et al. Lowbush cranberry acts through DAF-16/FOXO signaling to promote increased lifespan and axon branching in aging posterior touch receptor neurons. Geroscience. 2018 Apr.
(3) Ryyti R, et al. Beneficial effects of lingonberry (Vaccinium vitis-idaea L.) supplementation on metabolic and inflammatory adverse effects induced by high-fat diet in a mouse model of obesity. PLoS One. 2020 May.
(4) Li J, et al. Reduction of Aging-Induced Oxidative Stress and Activation of Autophagy by Bilberry Anthocyanin Supplementation via the AMPK-mTOR Signaling Pathway in Aged Female Rats. J Agric Food Chem. 2019 Jul.
(5) Mas-Capdevila A, et al. Changes in arterial blood pressure caused by long-term administration of grape seed proanthocyanidins in rats with established hypertension. Food Funct. 2020 Oct.
(6) Ruan Y, et al. Grape Seed Proanthocyanidin Extract Ameliorates Cardiac Remodelling After Myocardial Infarction Through PI3K/AKT Pathway in Mice. Front Pharmacol. 2020 Dec.
(7) Kadri S, et al. Protective effect of grape seed extract and orlistat co-treatment against stroke: Effect on oxidative stress and energy failure. Biomed Pharmacother. 2021 Apr.
(8) Kijima K, et al. Grape seed extract is an aromatase inhibitor and a suppressor of aromatase expression. Cancer Res. 2006 Jun.
(9) Niraula P, et al. N-Acetylcysteine extends lifespan of Drosophila via modulating ROS scavenger gene expression. Biogerontology. 2019 Aug.
(10) McCarty M, et al. Perspective: Prospects for Nutraceutical Support of Intestinal Barrier Function. Adv Nutr. 2021 Mar.
(11) DiNicolantonio J, et al. Supplemental N-acetylcysteine and other measures that boost intracellular glutathione can downregulate interleukin-1β signalling: a potential strategy for preventing cardiovascular events? Open Heart. 2017 Jul.
Lycium Barbarum (LB), also known as wolfberry, has been shown to provide powerful anti-aging effects. Significantly, long term feeding of LB in lab animals have shown increased longevity, eye (retina) support, including age-related macular degeneration (AMD), support liver health and boost of intestinal health and immunity.(1)
INCREASING MEAN LIFESPAN
PRESERVING RETINA FUNCTION
PROMOTES INTESTINE HEALTH / IMMUNE RESPONSE
(1) Ding Y, et al. Effects of long-term consumption of polysaccharides from the fruit of Lycium barbarum on host's health. Food Res Int. 2021 Jan.
(2) Tang R, et al. Lycium barbarum polysaccharides extend the mean lifespan of Drosophila melanogaster. Food Funct. 2019 Jul.
(3) Neelam K, et al. Fructus lycii: A Natural Dietary Supplement for Amelioration of Retinal Diseases. Nutrients. 2021 Jan.
(4) Ding Y, et al. Modulating effects of polysaccharides from the fruits of Lycium barbarum on the immune response and gut microbiota in cyclophosphamide-treated mice.
(5) Ding Y, et al. Modulating effects of polysaccharides from the fruits of Lycium barbarum on the immune response and gut microbiota in cyclophosphamide-treated mice. Food Funct. 2019 Jun.
(6) Liu R, et al. Protective effect of Lycium barbarum polysaccharide on di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate-induced toxicity in rat liver. Environ Sci Pollut Res Intl. 2021. Jan.
(7) Wang H, et al. Hepatoprotective effect of crude polysaccharide isolated from Lycium barbarum L. against alcohol-induced oxidative damage involves Nrf2 signaling. Food Sci Nutr. 2020 Oct..
Resveratrol has long been known as an natural anti-aging gene activator. The target of this activation is SIRT1. Research now indicates that another extract (ursolic acid) is even more powerful than resveratrol in the activation SIRT1. Furthermore, the extracts ursolic acid and rosmarinic acid promote anti-aging in other ways,, including preservation of the functioning of the hypothalamus (implicated as playing a significant role in the aging process), inhibiting fibrosis (amyloid and tau) and inhibiting NOX2 and NOX4.
(1) Bakhtian N, et al. Mounting evidence validates Ursolic Acid directly activates SIRT1: A powerful STAC which mimic endogenous activator of SIRT1. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2018 Jul
(2) Kim K, et al. Role of hypothalamus in aging and its underlying cellular mechanisms. Mech. Ageing Dev. 2018. May.
(3) Bahrami SA, et al Ursolic acid regulates aging process through enhancing of metabolic sensor proteins level. Biomed Pharmacother, 2016 Aug
(4) Kamble SM, et al. In silico Evidence for Binding of Pentacyclic Triterpenoids to Keap1-Nrf2 Protein-Protein Binding Site. Comb Chem High Throughput Screen. 2017
(5) Wang F, et al. The Molecular Mechanism of Rosmarinic Acid Extending the Lifespan of Caenorhabditis elegans. Applied Mechanics and Materilals. 2011.
(6) Forte M, et al. The Pathophysiological Role of NOX2 in Hypertension and Organ Damage. High Blood Press. Cardiovasc Prev. 2016 Dec
(7) Revoltella S, et al. Identification of the NADPH Oxidase 4 Inhibiting Principle of Lycopus europaeus. Molecules. 2018 Mar.
(8) Ramazzotti M, et al, Mechanism for the inhibition of amyloid aggregation by small ligands.Biosci Rep. 2016 Sept.
(9) Shan Y, et al. Aging as a Precipitating Factor in Chronic Restraint Stress-Induced Tau Aggregation Pathology, and the Protective Effects of Rosmarinic Acid. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016
(10) Yui S, et al. Beneficial Effects of Lemon Balm Leaf Extract on In Vitro Glycation of Proteins, Arterial Stiffness, and Skin Elasticity in Healthy Adults. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 2017
(11) Jayanthy G, et al, Rosmarinic Acid Mediates Mitochondrial Biogenesis in Insulin Resistant Skeletal Muscle Through Activation of AMPK. J Cell Biochem. 2017 Jul