In a study from Japan, higher levels of dietary taurine was identified as the main factor attributing to the longer lifespan of the of the Japanese people.(1) Since then research has validated that taurine plays a major role in not only longevity, but quality longevity. Taurine plays a crucial role in most every system in the body and is considered an essential supplement for healthy aging.
Normal dietary intake of taurine is quite low, normally ranging between 40mg - 400mg. Clinical studies indicate the need for up to 3,000mg (or more) to make significant health improvements and promote longevity.
LONGEVITY NATURALLY (3000 mg of Taurine per serving)
VISION VITALITY (800 mg of Taurine per serving)
VASCULAR STRENGTH (500 mg of Taurine per serving)
(1) Yamori Y, et al. Taurine as the nutritional factor for the longevity of the Japanese revealed by a world-wide epidemiological survey. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2009
(2) Ito T, et al. Tissue depletion of taurine accelerates skeletal muscle senescence and leads to early death in mice. PLoS One. 2014 Sep 17
(3) Ito T, et al. Potential Anti-aging Role of Taurine via Proper Protein Folding: A Study from Taurine Transporter Knockout Mouse. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015
(4) Labbadia J, et al. Proteostasis and longevity: when does aging really begin? F1000Prime Rep. 2014 Feb
(5) Yang J, et al. Taurine increases testicular function in aged rats by inhibiting oxidative stress and apoptosis. Amino Acids. 2015 Aug.
(6) Gebara E, et al. Taurine increases hippocampal neurogenesis in aging mice. Stem Cell Res. 2015 May
(7) Sergeeva OA, et al. aurine-induced long-lasting enhancement of synaptic transmission in mice: role of transporters. J Physiol. 2003 Aug
(8) Hansen SH, et al. Taurine and regulation of mitochondrial metabolism. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015;
(9) Jong CJ, et al. The ubiquitin-proteasome system and autophagy are defective in the taurine-deficient heart. Amino Acids 2015 Jul 21.
(10) Schaffer SW, et al. Does taurine prolong lifespan by improving heart function? Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015;
(11) Murakami S. Taurine and atherosclerosis. Amino Acids. 2014.
(12) Sirdah MM. Protective and therapeutic effectiveness of taurine in diabetes mellitus: a rationale for antioxidant supplementation. Diabetes Metab Syndr 2015 Jan-Mar;
(13) Dantos-Silva JC, et al. Taurine supplementation ameliorates glucose homeostasis, prevents insulin and glucogon hypersecretion, and controls Beta, alpha and gamma masses in genetic obese mice. Amino Acids. 2015 Aug;
(14) Moloney MA, et al. Two weeks taurine supplementation reverses endothelial dysfunction in young male type 1 diabetics. Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2010 Oct
(15) Ramila KC, et al. Role of protein phosphorylation in excitation-contraction coupling in taurine deficient hearts. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2015 Feb
(16) Heller-Stilb B, et al. Disruption of the taurine transporter gene (taut) leads to retinal degeneration in mice. FASEB J. 2002 Feb
(17) Froger N, et al. Taurine: the comeback of a neutraceutical in the prevention of retinal degenerations. Prog Retin Eye Res. 2014 Jul.
(18) Froger N, et al. Taurine is a crucial factor to preserve retinal ganglion cell survival. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013.
(19) Gaucher D, et al. Taurine deficiency damages retinal neurones: cone photoreceptors and retinal ganglion cells. Amino Acids. 2012.
(20) Spriet LL, et al. Taurine and skeletal muscle function. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2015 Jan;
(21) Goodman CA, Horvath D, Stathis C, et al. Taurine supplementation increases skeletal muscle force production and protects muscle function during and after high-frequency in vitro stimulation.J Appl Physiol.2009 Jul.
(22) Zhang M, et al. Role of taurine supplementation to prevent exercise-induced oxidative stress in healthy young men. Amino Acids, 2004.
(23) Manabe S, et al. Decreased blood levels of lactic acid and urinary excretion of 3-methylhistidine after exercise by chronic taurinetreatment in rats
(24) Yatabe Y, et al. Effects of taurine administration on exercise. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2009;
(25) Kato T, et al. The effects of taurine administration against inflammation in heavily exercised skeletal muscle of rats. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015.